3.11.2009

Calling all Doggie Lovers!!!


If you have a dog, do you let it sleep with you? Here's my issue: I have a precious chihuahua named Bella. She is about a year and a half old. I have had her since she was about 6 weeks old. HOWEVER, she refuses to sleep anywhere but with me. She is tiny, but she sleeps between my legs under the covers. I am wanting my bed back. (It took long enough to get kids out of my room.) So, night before last I put her in the crate with a soft blanket. She whined all night. I ignored her, but I didn't get much sleep b/c she whined the whole time. I figured she would stop, but she wouldn't. So last night, I thought well I just won't let her get in the bed with me. She sits at the side of me bed and whines until I put her up there. I ignored her and told her No firmly so she scurried off and sat outside my bedroom door for hours, whining. I finally got up and put her in bed with Big C. I just want her out of my bed. She follows me everywhere as it is, and every time I sit down, she jumps in my lap. I just want her to sleep in her doggie bed. Any advice out there?

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yep, sophie and Max sleep with us. Max is usually under the covers in between my legs which gets annoying and Sophie is sometimes at my head on the pillow which also gets annoying. They never want to sleep beside JM - it's always me. So I completely understand! Anyway, J is starting to cry, but I could write a whole lot more about this!

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."