2.11.2010

To be like an Eagle

Have you ever thought about being like an eagle?
Eagles are magnificent creatures and they are mentioned in the Bible numerous times.

"As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings." Duetoronomy 32:11

"Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Paslms 103:5

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

God wants us to wait on Him, and allow him to show us the way. He wants us to be patient and let Him direct us on our paths.

I read a book recently (A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury) and she used the eagles as a reference many times. I don't think it was any accident I read this book. What I am getting at is, I want to be like an eagle. We can learn so much from this animal.

When a storm hits, the eagles fix their wings and use the pressure from the storm to rise above the storm. It rises higher and higher from the storm from the winds. It does not try to get away from the storm, it rises above it. Why do I not always do this? Sometimes I sit and feel sorry for myself, and want to praise Him in the Storm, but don't always. I want to use my struggles to rise above them. To rise higher.

"To he who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne" Revelations 3:21

Eagles also choose their mate for life. They are faithful to their partner and the male helps build the nest and gets ready for the young. The female chooses her partner ever so carefully and puts him through many tests before she chooses. And after she chooses him, she trusts him completely. Wow.

I have been having an difficult time lately, and I want to become like the eagle. I want to be patient, and I want to SOAR, not flutter my wings. God wants us to soar as Christians.

Well, we are expecting MORE snow tonight here in Arkansas. Boo. I am getting tired of it quickly! Hoping for just a little and that schools are not closed. My preschool class is having a Valentine's party tomorrow, and so are my kids. They are all so looking forward to it.

Laiken is at softball practice and Caden is with them and I am enjoying my time alone with Camden W. We are snuggling on the couch, watching cartoons. He is so sweet.

Good night and stay warm!!!



No comments:

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."