4.02.2009

I have been thinking about somthing alot lately. Something I should have been praying about, but haven't. Today it was really weighing on me so I just opened my Bible and started looking for my answers. I knew where they were, I have heard it before, but I just needed read these verses and really pray about this. This is a huge part of my life. Something we all have, good and bad. I am talking about friends. Some of my friends choose to make bad decisions. It wears on me. It is a heavy load. I don't like all the negativity associated with their decisions. I try to be a true friend, I try to listen. I even pray for these friends. But should I stay friends with them? Do I need them in my life? Are they really my friends? Do I need someone to remain in my life when they never consider my feelings, thoughts, and emotions, only their own?
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. -Proverbs 27:17
The same positive formations that can occur with godly influences can be seen doing the opposite for wickedness through corrupt influences.

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. -1 Corinthians 15:33
God is telling us basically that the wickedness of our friends can weigh down on us. It can corrupt us, in a sense.

God wants us to guard our name, character, and reputation for the sake of the gospel. If a person wants to think evil of us, it needs to be in the way of righteousness.

God wants us to have friends. We need friends. But the company we keep says alot about our own character. I want and need more Godly friends. I am thankful for the ones that I have. I am just struggling with this. Please pray for me.

On another note, the kids and I are snuggled up watching a movie in the rain together. It feels so good to be with them. And, to not have to go anywhere tonight. I stayed all home all day and it was so nice. I am in my PJ's.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

r u trying to tell me something? :)

The Anglin Family said...

LOL...Not quite!!!! Just comes a time in your life when ya gotta cut out the negativity!

Nic said...

Thanks for the comments! On the friends. It's hard not to get pulled into the negativity when your around it. Sometimes I think we have to distance ourselves from those situations (sp) but still pray for them.

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."