9.30.2009

White Bean Chicken Chili

I am going to post this as a recipe for four. But, I always use twice this much stuff. I am not a big recipe follower, so I always end up with my own concoctions and have had to try to come up with some measurements. :)

2 tablespoons canola oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
a smidge of coriander seen...I suppose you could leave it out
1/2 a jar of OLD EL PASO SALSA VERDE
1 pound cut up chicken. You can use breasts or thighs. I prefer the breast.
3 15-ounce cans cannelloni beans (or any white beans you like)
1 cup chicken broth
1 7-ounce can diced mild green chilies
½ cup whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 jar green salsa or tomatillo salsa (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
Guac (optional)
black olives (optional)
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic,
cumin, and other seasonings. Sauté 5 minutes. Push onion
mixture to one side of pan.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to empty side of
pan.(You can also use two pans) Sauté chicken 4-5 minutes until it is lightly golden.
3. Drain beans. Add beans, broth, chilies and whipping cream
to pot. Add some salsa verde..about half a jar. Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked all the way
though, about 10 minutes. You can simmer this as long as you like.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper or whatever.
5. Top with whatever you like from the optionals.

I feel like I am missing something...LOL...and sorry if this is confusing!!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! Thanks for posting the recipe, it sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it :)

The Anglin Family said...

Youre welcome!!! Sometimes I add corn...I never follow the same thing twice...lol

Nic said...

YUM! That looks awesome! Is it bad that my daughter checked out a cookbook from school for me?!? LOL

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."