7.01.2011

quick Friday post

Last night I had family over for dinner and I made my homemade guacamole and homemade salsa. I make it yuuummmyy!!! Tonight, pigs are flying. My Memaw invited me and the kids over for dinner and she literally quit cooking a few years ago, but she decided to make me some sweet southern comfort..oh.my.word. We had purple hull peas, fried okra(hers is THE best), mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried skillet corn, relish and tomatoes. It was sooo good! Now that I've got you all hungry, have a great weekend!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh Lawd. I just gained 5 pounds...

Ya'll have a good weekend! xoxox

Melody said...

Yeah, thanks, I'm starving already!

The Mama said...

OH MY WORD

That sounds amazing.

Kristy said...

Hey! Nice to meet you!!!
That food looks DELISH! That looks exactly like what my Memaw would have made me when she was alive. :)

Emily said...

Hey there. I just found your blog from Jenna's Journey and the 2nd Annual Commenting Challenge. The stories of your husband and of all 4 of your children touched my heart. I am praying for your continued happiness. I am glad that Christian faith can help you be content though God's plan isn't always inline with our own dreams.

Meet Lindsay said...

I'm participating in the commenting challenge. Those food pictures caught my eye and definitely made me hungry!

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

Looks yummy! stopping by from Jenna's Journey!!

Charisma said...

MARY COOKED?!?! I guess pigs DID fly!! Lol...it looks super yummy!

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."