12.04.2011

Remodeling

I am a wishy washy person when it comes to making long term decisions! We have decided to repaint the interior of our house and redo some things in the kitchen. I've been wanting to do the black cabinets for awhile, we just haven't gotten around to it. I love love love cottage houses. Since I was a little girl, I used to dream of living in a southern style plantation home..
And since we live in the boondocks and on 25 acres, I think a cottage feel would be perfect. I just cannot commit to paint colors! Argh! I'm thinking grays, blue grays, very light vintage...
But our walls are so dark now, I'm having a hard time seeing the light..






I'm loving both of these kitchens and want the mix of old and new. I just want to run to the antique store right now;)
I'm hoping over the next few years to transform this place into a cottage dream! I follow some amazing blogs about cottage living and I've been drooling over their houses for months! Tomorrow is the day I have to decide about paint colors..wish me luck! Suggestions???

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Have you checked out Pinterest? Maybe from there if you found wall colors that you liked you could find out the exact name and brand? Ack. I'm horrible with picking out colors! I wish I had better suggestions and ideas for you. Once you get yours all done you can tell me how to do mine! :)

Good luck girl!

xoxox

The Mama said...

Good luck!! I love that first kitchen, a grey color would look GREAT with that!!

Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Nancy said...

I love the second cabinets! Can't wait to see your transformation! Show us before pics & after pics if you can! I love to see those!

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."