2.24.2013

At home girls spa party!

I knew this year I needed a simple birthday for Laiken, at home. If you know me, you know I really don't like planning parties. I know it's totally not southern of me, but I just prefer small family affairs. I also know that my big kids are older, and they want to do more fun things!

So Laiken decided she wanted a few girls over and to have a spa party. I sent out a few invites and told the girls to come in pajamas or robes. Two of the three girls spent the night the night before, and they had a lot of fun.

I set up the dining room table as a spa. First, they got hand massages and manicures. I painted all these little fingers.



Actually minus a hand-one little girl had to leave early. They got fun Spring, Easter-y colors!



They got face masks and cucumber eyes! I advise if you do this, use caution. You do not want someone else's child getting a nasty reaction, lol. I was a little worried for a few minutes, ha! They loved this!

We then stopped for cake and if you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen my cake wreck. Not what I ordered at all. But Scotty picked it up, and I wasn't taking it back. It was supposed to be chevron with lipstick and nail polish, etc. For a ten year old. Instead-I got chubby old women bathing in a hot tub. No words.



The edges were even wood grain. Sigh. I forgot to mention before cake, we had lunch. They had Taco Bell delivered to them.

After food, cake, and presents, I did their hair.



They got dressed and wanted to model for me;)




This is a friend of Laiken's.





This is what was in their gift bags. I got all the goodies at Michael's. There were spa socks, eye masks, manicure kits, soap and lotion, bath fizzy, and a cute pen.

I'd say the party was a huge hit and I'm glad we did it!

And I cannot believe that tomorrow my sweet girl is going to be TEN!!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!

6 comments:

The Momma said...

TEN? Crazy!

Loved the party. I like small, at home parties as well. :) Totally not southern, but oh well. :)

Still cant get over the cake. Still laughing. Love it

Unknown said...

What a fun party!!! YIKES on the cake;/ however I am sure the girls had so much fun no one noticed:)

LC said...

Such a cute party idea!!! And the cake still has me rolling!

Priscilla said...

What a fun party! That cake has me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Haha. I'd like to know how they misunderstood the order THAT bad! Haha

FrouFrouBritches said...

What a sweet party! I know the girls just loved being pampered. Great idea.

That cake is cracking me up. I'd love to know what bakery made that mistake!

Nancy said...

Love this post! My kinda party! Especially Taco Bell!!
Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."