5.14.2013

Thirty something

I haven't been here in awhile, I know I keep saying I'll be back and I am a flake out. I just don't have the words for anything other than a few pictures, which Instagram has completely taken over my photo sharing. Anyhow, somehow I need to find my way back.

I remember the day my mom turned 30. I thought she was older than dirt. I was 9. I may have cried. I thought she was going to die. Crazy. Well, my kids think I'm ancient just like I thought my young mom was prehistoric.

I turned thirty-something last week. Well, 31 to be exact. No longer am I 30. I'm one of those thirty somethings. Scotty and I use to say "when we are in our thirties..." now it's our forties and it will be here in a flash. I intend to soak up my next 9 years of this decade of life, God willing. I think I like my 30's way more than my 20's.

The thirties brought me wanting to be healthier, a better mom, I am more grounded in who I am, less critical of myself, more self esteem and worth...a whole decade of my 20's being married..the 20's were spent in a lot of angst, grief, sorrow, sickness, lack of self worth, and me being completely unsure of myself. So long to her! I don't miss her a bit. Sure, I'm still the same. But I just feel so much more purpose-ful. I'm sure I sound crazy. Completely.

But here's to thirty something. I celebrated with my best friend, we actually share the same birthday. I think God sent her to me, because we share so much more than that.










We had a great time celebrating at my fave Mexican restaurant. I love having a May 4th bday, right before Cinco de Mayo. Guacamole is my love language.

Happy Mothers Day to you all as well! I hope you had a great day celebrating!!! Here are a few of our pics from Mother's Day!

My mom, Laiken, and I


Me and the boys;)


Notice the hair got shorter this week. I have slight remorse, lol;)

I'll leave you with a few Sawyer pics. She's growing up!






Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Melody said...

I see she loves her paci. Adilyn is ATTACHED to the paci. Completely off the bottle but boy, she LOVES her paci! I usually can keep it from her except at nap and bed time. She would carry it in her mouth ALL day but I don't let her. They are growing up tooo toooo fast

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I pray your Thirty's would be AMAZING and HAPPY!:)

Nancy said...

I hope your birthday was so special! I love that you & your best friend share that day!
Happiest 31st year to you!!! You look amazing!

Sarah said...

Love your outlook, friend! You are one of the sweetest, most genuine people I "know" and I hope your thirties are filled with more joy and blessings than you could ever imagine!!!!! xoxo

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."