9.10.2009

I heart cooking.

I love to cook. I love cooking for lots of people. I especially love cooking in the fall and winter. Cooking helps me keep my mind off of things, it's like therapy for me. So I plan on doing lots of it the next couple of days. Scotty's cousin and his wife are moving down here from West Memphis this weekend so I will be making them some food, too. I just thought I would share some recipes I really like.

Sour Cream Pizza (no brainer, super easy)
You will need individual already prepared pizza crust(I like Foccacia)
Spoon sour cream over crust instead of tomato sauce. I add ground beef, pepper, onions, and cheese to mine. You can do pepporoni or whatever you like. But they are yummy. Bake like you would a normal pizza until cheese is melty.

My Chili
2 lbs ground beef
1 sauteed onion and bell pepper
Chili seasoning (I use williams)
1 can Ro-Tel for chili. It says it on the label
Chili Fixings tomato sauce for Chili. I believe it says chili fixings on the can. I also use the diced tomatoes too.
a tsp of sugar
garlic salt
kidney beans
Chili beans.
Cook the meat and saute the onion and bell pepper. Put in large pot and add all the rest!

Cheese Dip (I am gonna make this in the Crock Pot this weekend)
Velveeta
Rotel
Ground beef cooked with onion
Sour Cream (small containter)
some chopped cilantro
Cumin and chili powder.
Add Velveeta cubed to your crock pot. Cook a lb of ground beef and layer it on top of cheese. Dump remaining ingredients in there and stir well. I add about a tsp of cumin and a tsp of chili powder.

Appe Chicken
5 tbsp. butter
3 med. red cooking apples, halved, cored and sliced
2 lg. onions, thinly sliced
6 boneless, skinned chicken breasts (3 whole)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. grated Swiss cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. unseasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 tbsp. Brandy, Apple Jack or cider(I use Cider)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Saute apples and onions in remaining butter until very tender, about 10 minutes. Do not brown. Spread mixture in bottom of baking dish. Rub breasts with salt and pepper. Arrange down middle of apple mixture, overlapping slightly.
Combine cheese, bread crumbs and thyme. Sprinkle over chicken and apple mixture. Drizzle brandy over all. Bake until cheese is golden brown and chicken is tender, 35 minutes or more.

I was wanting to cook something with apples one day and found this recipe online. It's really good.

I know ya'll are tired of my recipes now....

starbucks Pictures, Images and Photos
I was so excited to get a Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks today!! I actually want another one. :)
I love pumpkin. I bought the new Febreze Pumpkin Spice air freshener yesterday and it smells like pumpkin pie.

No comments:

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."