9.12.2009

Wake up laughing


Offbeat Devotions for the Unconventional Woman..
My Memaw bought me this book about two maybe three years ago, and I read it but didn't really read it, if ya know what I mean?

I cracked it open this week. Now, those of you who know me, know I read ALOT. I read alot more trashy romance novels than anything. (Just being honest. :-)
But, I really enjoy doing Bible studies and since I am not able to go to Bible Study at church anymore b/c I don't have anyone to watch my kids at nighttime, I try to read devotionals at home. I laughed when I opened this book up because Laiken apparantly got ahold of this book at some point and her name graces quite a few of the pages.

Anyways, this cracks me up. Doing Bible Study does not have to be such a serious thing that you can't enjoy it. I believe that it can be fun and enjoyable!

This book is all about embracing your situation with gratitude. Learning to laugh at things that may normally make us cry or worry. Learning how to see every circumstance as an opportunity to learn and draw closer to God. Laughter is a gift from God. We should use this gift!!! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine." This is so true. Laughter helps us in the healing proceess. It can help control pain, lower pressure and relieve stress. This is so true. When I worked at a family practice clinic, I noticed that the happier (older) people were so much healthier. The people that were bitter and angry were not so healthy. It takes a toll on our bodies. Chidren laugh about 400 times a day and adults laugh about 15 times a day. The Bible says unless we become as little children, we cannot see the kingdom of God.

I try to smile alot. I am friendy to strangers who look like they are in a bad mood at Wal-Mart. Ya never know, it may make their day. Sure, I get sad, mad, and angry. They are normal emotions and it's OK to feel them. It's what we do with those emotions that can be a problem. I have spent this whole week being sad. I want to be pregnant again, I feel empty inside, I want to be throwing up, but I am not. I am going to be happy. I am going to choose to to put on my happy face and praise Him. I am going to laugh with my kids, smile at strangers, and help those in need. That makes me happy. :-)

So smile a little, laugh a little and look at the bright side of things!

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend!!!

No comments:

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."