12.25.2010

merry Christmas from my family to yours..

Christmas Eve my family (Mom, Memaw, Brother, and Grandpa) came to our house for presents and dinner. We skipped the traditional holiday meal and had hot sandwiches, soup, lots of dips and chips, and beanie weenies. The kids enjoyed the presents they got from mom and grandparents.

Me amongst the chaos


My mom and grandparents


Opening gifts


Lake and Camden



We have been redoing Laiken's room and "Santa" helped finish it. We had her walls painted pink last week and she wanted animal prints. Here's a picture of her bed, I painted it aqua and I thought it turned out super cute. How cute is this? I'll post the rest of the room later. Anyhow, she loves it.


The kids said over and over this was the best Christmas ever and Laiken even told me she just wanted to be together, she didn't care about the presents. We were hoping for a *little* snow, but we just got flurries. It was kind of nice just seeing the little flurries on Christmas.

Me...I managed to stay happy for the kids although I fell apart this morning in the shower (I cry every day in the shower...I think because I'm alone and noone knows..)
Then today on the way home, we had to drive by Ryan's grave and I wanted so badly to stop but I coul feel the sobs coming and I didn't want to upset the kids. Her gravesite is right in the middle of everything in our town. And, it's right on the road. Sometimes I feel awkward sitting there, with all the cars whizzing by. But I usually forget after I sit there for awhile. Her headstone should be here in January, and I'm looking forward to it coming in. Today I sat and prayed for all the mommas out there that are missing their babies.


Mark 10:14
When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them " Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Just have to say I spy a thirty one bag!

Love her room!

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."