7.21.2011

Keys to my Past and a makeover

Ever wonder where you come from? Where your roots come from? Where your history is? Well, I do. I love looking through old pictures and letters and it just fascinates me. Last night my dad sent me some pictures of my paternal grandfather's family and I just love the pictures. I always wonder what these people were thinking. My maternal great grandmother Blanche kept a journal (she died when my Nana was 7) and as I read it, things haven't changed much. Women and Men have always been the same. The only thing that has changed is the technology. It's amazing to listen to her write about meeting my great grandfather, their wedding, and even having wedding showers. It's just so neat to me. {Boring to some of you, I am sure!}



This is my greatgrandmother Stella and her father, John.
PhotobucketThis is my great granmother Stella {right} and her sister. Glad to know big bows have always been in style in the South. :)
Photobucket


This is Stella and my great grandfather Charles. Charles and Stella. Love it. I love this pic. These are my dad's paternal grandparents.
Photobucket

These are my great great grandparents. Robert and Permelia {Melia} Tremor. Robert is Charles' father. They don't look too happy, huh? Why didn't people ever used to smile?
Photobucket

This is my grandfather William Tremor, who my dad is named after and so is my little Camden William. He's the one in the middle.
Photobucket

Last night, Laiken BEGGED me to play makeover with her. So, we had a little makeover and I decided I may lock her in a closet and never let her out..haha. No makeup until she's 18!!! But, I think it's fine to play with mommy at home sometimes, ya know?


Happy Thursday! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see my hubby tonight! I have not seen him since July 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

What awesome old pictures! I love to look through old black and white pictures, even if it's not my own family! :) I may have to copy your fun post in the future!

Have fun with the hubby tonight! ;)!

xoxox

"We can cry with hope, we can grieve with hope, because we believe with hope.."